Clinical Hypnosis Skills for Health Professionals
Fundamentals, Level 1
May 1 & 2, 2021
This practical and experiential workshop will provide practical training in the fundamental components of clinical hypnosis for clinicians new to hypnosis as well as those wishing a refresher. Demonstrations and practice sessions will provide sufficient training for those who wish to integrate hypnosis into their therapeutic skills.
With expert instruction and supervised practice, you will master several hypnotic induction techniques and learn how to skilfully use language, dissociation, multisensory imagery and suggestion to foster rapport and engage your patients or clients in achieving their goals.
By the end of this workshop, you will have gained a solid understanding of the fundamentals of clinical hypnosis and be able to use hypnosis to enhance your clinical work.
The format for this LEVEL 1 workshop is ZOOM access to:
Part 1 (mandatory): Pre-recorded videos sent to registered participants to be viewed prior to the first day of instruction;
Part 2 (mandatory): Saturday May 1 from 9am to 1pm
Part 3 (mandatory): Sunday May 2 from 9am to 1pm
Part 4 (recommended): A follow-up evening session TBD
Eligibility: Open to members (and full-time students) of regulated health professions including physicians, nurses, naturopaths, dentists, psychologists, marriage & family therapists, registered clinical counsellors, social workers, chiropractors, massage therapists, and physiotherapists.
|Early-Bird||After April 1st|
By e-transfer or credit card.
- Davidicus Wong, MD, Family Physician
- Derek Chang, MD
- Harry Stefanakis, PhD, Psychologist
- James Stabler, MSW, RCC, Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
- Lance Rucker, DDS, Professor Emeritus, UBC Dentistry
- Bianca Rucker, RN, PhD, Marriage & Family Therapist
- Saul Pilar, MD, General Practitioner
- Leora Kuttner, Ph.D. Clinical Psychologist & Clinical Professor of Pediatrics UBC & BC Children’s Hospital
- Kourosh Edalati, MD, FRCPC, Psychiatrist, Director of the Elumind Centre for Brain Excellence
- David Bowler, MBChB, CCFP, CAFCI, PgCPain, Family Physician with Focused Practice in Pain Management and Clinical Hypnosis