PREREQUISITE FOR MEMBERSHIP is the completion of an introductory workshop approved by the Canadian Society of Clinical Hypnosis (B.C. Div.), or American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH) or another component section of the ASCH which offers supervision and practice in hypnotic techniques and clinical applications. Contact the Society office at (604) 868-5910 for dates of upcoming training workshops.
To be eligible for Full CSCH Membership the applicant must have:
- An M.D., D.D.S., Ph.D., or an equivalent doctoral degree with psychology as the major study, or a masters in nursing, a masters in social work, a masters in psychology or a masters in marital/family therapy; and
- Required degree shall be from a University or College accredited by its appropriate regional accrediting body; and
- Registered or Licensed to practice in British Columbia; and
- Membership, or eligibility for membership, in a professional society consistent with his/her degree; and
- Appropriate professional training and experience in clinical or experimental hypnosis.
To be eligible for Associate Membership the applicant must have all of the requirements for Full Membership, however, you will have one year to acquire the prerequisite clinical experience and training for full membership status.
To be eligible for Affiliate Membership, the applicant must be a Professional who does not meet all the qualifications for any of the above categories but whose contributions and interests justify membership.
To be eligible for Student Membership, the applicant must be:
- A full time student enrolled in a graduate program in active pursuit of a doctorate in medicine, dentistry, or psychology, or a masters degree in counseling psychology, social work, or nursing.
- The graduate program must be held in a university, accredited by its appropriate regional accrediting body.