PREREQUISITE FOR FULL MEMBERSHIP in the Society is the completion of an introductory workshop approved by the Canadian Society of Clinical Hypnosis (B.C. Div.), or American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH) or another component section of the ASCH which offers supervision and practice in hypnotic techniques and clinical applications. Contact the Society office at (604) 868-5910 for dates of upcoming training workshops.
To be eligible for Full CSCH Membership the applicant must have:
- a Master’s degree or a doctorate in a qualified health profession, such as an M.D., D.D.S., D.M.D., Ph.D. or an equivalent doctoral degree with psychology as the major study, a Master’s degree in nursing, social work, psychology or marital/family therapy, an R.N. or an R.S.W. The required degree shall be from a University or College accredited by its appropriate regional accrediting body; and
- a registration or licence to practice their profession in British Columbia. Registration and/or licensure in another jurisdiction other than British Columbia may be accepted as equivalent for membership in the Society, as determined and approved by the Executive Council; and
- appropriate professional training and experience in clinical or experimental hypnosis, including evidence of completion of a course of hypnosis which has been approved by the Society; and
- shall be registered or licensed to practice in British Columbia. These include Registration and/or licensure in another jurisdiction other than British Columbia may be accepted as equivalent for membership in the Society, as determined and approved by the Executive Council.
To be eligible for Associate Membership the applicant must have all of the requirements for Full Membership, except for the requirement for satisfactory completion of a course of hypnosis which has been approved by the Society. The Associate Member will have one year following membership in which to acquire the prerequisite clinical experience and training for Full Membership status.
To be eligible for Affiliate Membership, the applicant must be a Professional who does not meet all the qualifications for any of the above categories but whose contributions and interests justify membership.
To be eligible for Student Membership, the applicant must be:
- A full-time student enrolled in a graduate program in active pursuit of a doctorate in medicine, dentistry, or psychology, or a master’s degree in counseling psychology, marital/family therapy, social work, or nursing.
- The graduate program must be held in a university, accredited by its appropriate regional accrediting body.
Members in good standing who have retired in good standing from professional practice (including those who no longer hold licenses and/or registrations for professional practice in their jurisdictions) are eligible for membership in the Society in the category in which they previously held membership, with all attendant rights and privileges, upon application to the Executive Council.
- Full, Associate and Affiliate Fee – $175 per annum (Jan-Dec)
- Student Fee – $50 per annum (Jan-Dec)