Clinical Hypnosis Skills for Health Professionals
Fundamentals, Levels 1 and 2
March 9th and 10th, 2019
9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Simon Fraser University at Harbour Centre
515 W. Hastings Street
Segal Conference Rooms 1410-1430
How can we, as health professionals, facilitate positive change that lasts? The key is clinical hypnosis: the language of change. During this two-day workshop, you will learn from our experienced teaching faculty how to enhance your therapeutic relationship with your clients and prime them for success using the unique skills of clinical hypnosis.
Take this opportunity to expand your psychotherapeutic horizons in enjoyable interactive sessions with your colleagues. Come to this workshop to recognize the subtleties of your own subconscious mind in a safe and collegial learning environment, supported by our experienced teaching faculty.
Clinical hypnosis is a powerful therapeutic communication which is founded on solid evidence-based science. We invite you to bring an open heart and mind to experience just how effective clinical hypnosis can be for your clients.
This two-day workshop is divided into two separate streams based on your prior experience using clinical hypnosis.
Fundamentals Level 1 will provide practical training in the fundamental components of clinical hypnosis for clinicians new to hypnosis, as well as those wishing a refresher program. Demonstrations and practice sessions will provide sufficient training for those who wish to integrate hypnosis to their therapeutic skills.
Fundamentals Level 2, taught simultaneously, will provide more experienced professionals with training and practice in advanced techniques and in the application of hypnosis to specific areas of practice:
- Pain and anxiety management
- Communication and rapid inductions in emergency medicine and dentistry
- Adolescent and pediatric hypnosis
- Life threatening and chronic illness
Eligibility: This workshop is open to members of regulated health professions including full time students, registered clinical counsellors, and marriage and family therapists.
- Elaine Drysdale, MD, Psychiatrist
- Kourosh Edalati, MD, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Leora Kuttner, Ph.D. Pediatric Clinical Psychologist
- Mavis Lloyd, Ph.D. RCC
- Saul Pilar, MD, General Practitioner
- Bianca Rucker, RN, PhD, Marriage & Family Therapist
- Lance Rucker, DDS, Professor Emeritus, UBC Dentistry
- James Stabler, MSW, RCC, Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
- Harry Stefanakis, PhD, Psychologist
- Davidicus Wong, MD, Family Physician
FEES: Early-Bird deadline is February 15, 2019
|Early-Bird||After February 15th|