Clinical Hypnosis Skills for Health Professionals
Fundamentals, Level 2
April 10, 11 & 17, 2021
This workshop will provide more experienced professionals with training and practice in advanced techniques and in the application of hypnosis to specific areas of practice.
Throughout the training we will deepen the following clinical hypnosis skills: building rapport and cultivating resonance with patients’ rhythms; utilizing novelty and evoking emotions; disrupting patterns and perceptions that are stuck or maladaptive; and re-arranging resources to support adaptive changes. Specialized topics will include the influence and application of Ernest Rossi’s work on clinical hypnosis and working with teenagers.
Demonstrations and practice sessions will provide sufficient training for those who wish to integrate hypnosis into their therapeutic skills.
The format for this LEVEL 2 workshop is ZOOM access to:
Part 1 (mandatory): Pre-recorded videos sent to registered participants to be viewed prior to the first day of instruction;
Part 2 (mandatory): Saturday April 10 from 9am to 1pm
Part 3 (mandatory): Sunday April 11 from 9am to 1pm
Part 4 (mandatory): Saturday April 17 from 9am to 1pm
Part 5 (recommended): A follow-up evening session tbd
Eligibility: Open to members (and full-time students) of regulated health professions including physicians, nurses, naturopaths, dentists, psychologists, marriage & family therapists, registered clinical counsellors, social workers, chiropractors, massage therapists, and physiotherapists.
|Early-Bird||After April 1st|
By e-transfer or credit card.
- Davidicus Wong, MD, Family Physician
- Derek Chang, MD
- Harry Stefanakis, PhD, Psychologist
- James Stabler, MSW, RCC, Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
- Lance Rucker, DDS, Professor Emeritus, UBC Dentistry
- Bianca Rucker, RN, PhD, Marriage & Family Therapist
- Saul Pilar, MD, General Practitioner
- Leora Kuttner, Ph.D. Clinical Psychologist & Clinical Professor of Pediatrics UBC & BC Children’s Hospital
- Kourosh Edalati, MD, FRCPC, Psychiatrist, Director of the Elumind Centre for Brain Excellence
- David Bowler, MBChB, CCFP, CAFCI, PgCPain, Family Physician with Focused Practice in Pain Management and Clinical Hypnosis